1. What is the Young Americas Forum?
The Young Americas Forum is the participation platform for the youth of the Americas to actively engage as social actors in the Summits of the Americas, the OAS General Assemblies and other high-level meetings. The Forum is organized by the Young Americas Business Trust, as a permanent, open and inclusive channel that allows youth to contribute and influence the definition of priorities and coordination of action in the hemisphere.
2. What is the Young Americas Business Trust (YABT)?
The Young Americas Business Trust is an international non-profit organization based in Washington, DC., that works in cooperation with the Organization of American States (OAS) to promote the social and economic development of youth in the Western Hemisphere and the rest of the world.
3. What is the I Young Americas Meeting?
This is the two-day, hybrid format program to be held on October 3 and 4 in Lima, Peru, as part of the official activities of the 52nd OAS General Assembly and the follow-up to youth actions since the adoption of the Declaration of Commitment and Action Plan of the VI Young Americas Forum.
4. What is the purpose of the I Young Americas Meeting?
The purpose of the Meeting is to provide follow-up and materialize the commitments of the Declaration of Commitment and Action Plan presented at the Summits of the Americas. In addition, through this mechanism, youth can connect with their governments, representatives of the private sector and civil society, as well as with multilateral agencies.
5. What is the Declaration of Commitment and Action Plan?
It is the document written by the YABT, which compiles the written proposals, recommendations, concerns and priorities of youth to governments, around the 5 C’s of Youth Development; it includes the voice of more than 27,000 young people involved in the process of the Young Americas Forum, held for the period 2019 – 2022.
6. Who is organizing the I Young Americas Meeting?
The I Young Americas Forum is organized by the Young Americas Business Trust (YABT) with the support of the Organization of American States (OAS) and the host country of the 52nd OAS General Assembly, Peru.
7.What channels of continuous follow-up will allow me to contribute to the I Young Americas Meeting?
– Youth Dialogues: On-site or hybrid events, co-organized by YABT and youth networks. Youth share and develop with their community follow-up and leadership actions to fulfill the commitments of the Declaration of Commitment and Action Plan. Youth Dialogues application form available here.
– Virtual consultation: To facilitate the participation of as many young people as possible and fuel the debate, virtual consultations are an open and accessible channel to do so, available here.
– Associated events: Activities with different formats that take place in parallel, where youth have a meaningful participation and share their contributions. These events aim to help the organizers present to the YABT a summary of the main results and nurture the perspectives and concerns that are being carried forward.
8. What is the official hashtag for the I Young Americas Meeting?
9. Where can I get the agenda for the I Young Americas Meeting?
The agenda for the I Young Americas Meeting is available here.
10. How can I follow the live broadcast of the I Young Americas Meeting?
Please click here to follow the broadcast.
11. Will youth delegates participating in the I Young Americas Meeting also be able to participate in the activities of the 52nd OAS General Assembly?
No, YABT will only accredit the official activities of the I Young Americas Meeting.
12. Will a certificate of participation as a youth delegate of the I Young Americas Meeting be issued?
Yes, certificates will be sent after the VI Young Americas Forum via email to virtual and in-person attendees.